I had a bit of a mental breakthrough the other night. For years I have assumed that because there is so much unhappiness around that it must therefore be in limited supply. When things in life became overwhelming I would at times feel guilty about even asking God* for help. After all, there are so many folks out there that need help far more than I do.
It was in one of these moments where I was pondering asking for help that a thought popped in to my head. There really is no limit on happiness and no limit on what God can do. The flow that leads me on my path is not limited in the quantity of happiness I can enjoy. If I enjoy a charmed life, it is not at the expense of any other. If I need help every day, then I can ask for it. I thus imagine that I have the full support of the Universe with me every day. While I still have a great many problems, I feel a sense of faith that they are solvable with help.
This is the bit of wisdom I hope to share with you—that whatever you think you deserve, the Universe will help you and bestow gifts upon you. There is a humbleness in the asking. Asking for help is symbolic of acknowledging that you could not do it alone. It opens you to accepting what the Universe will bring to you.
If you are reading this now and the idea of this is beginning to light up the corners of your mind, then perhaps there is something in you that can be let go. We take so much baggage with us. We feel responsible for it and we lug it around afraid it will become someone else’s burden or that someone will notice we’re not toting it properly. Let it go. You may think it isn’t that simple—pry your fingers off the handle. If you must, just pretend it could be true and try it. The Universe will help you. Give it up. Accept the new and “undeserved” happiness from the Universe. Take it and be glad. Marvel at it. It really is true.
*Substitute appropriate divine force here. “God” is very easy to type. I’ll provide more details on God at a later date.
... get out of my head. really.
ReplyDeletehow'd you KNOW?!
I always have to remind myself that leaving my baggage behind doesn't mean I'm forcing anyone else to lug it around, or that it'll even be as heavy for another person. To assume those things is really not giving the other people in my life much credit.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder, thanks for this blog. I'm bookmarking it.
And, here again - is that picture... it's following me today, and it doesn't seem like a coincidence.
Hehe... that picture is heaps old. That photo was shot in the elevator of 9350 Metcalf in Overland Park, Kansas when I worked for Sprint Broadband Engineering. That makes it about 10 years old--maybe as few as 8. I snapped a shot of myself in the mirror and the flash went off. The result is me bearing a gift of light. It's one of my favourite pics of myself. My hair even looked good.
ReplyDelete