I've become a complete cappuccino junkie. It is sooo good. There is a bakery around the corner from my office. Most bakeries also make various coffees. This one makes the best damn cappuccino I've ever had... The perfect brew is a large, with 2 sugars and chocolate on top. I don't know what kind of bean they use, but after 2 of them I actually get nerve tremors. So I stick to one a day and I have to force myself to skip days. I'm trying to hold the line at 2-3 times a week. See how that 2-3 provides a little wiggle room? Amazing how 2-3 can provide miles of slippery justification.
My bakery (yeah, it's mine now) also makes bacon & egg pie. At first this was merely good. It is now quickly becoming mandatory with cappuccino. A little fat and protein. It's a health regimen--I swear.
I've decided that bacon & egg pie with cappuccino is so good that to offset the cost, I'll eat ramon noodles for lunch. I mean after the healthful benefits of pie, what more nutrition do you need?
My office is a completely open floor plan... not even cube walls. Therefore I have determined that it may be socially unacceptable to attempt licking the foam out of the cup. Soft groaning noises whilst licking foam is also straight off the list. Of course this also begs the question of potentially straying in cappuccino adultery. My wife has been a bit concerned.
On the off days, the days where I attempt to avoid cappuccino, there is a step down program. The methadone equivalent for cappuccino is the $3000 Jura cappuccino machine on my floor--which I am woefully unable to adequately operate. This may be a good thing. I fear that if I could make myself this happy that I might stake out the coffee machine and defend it with lizard-brain ferocity. Wholly inappropriate for the telephone company office. Yet my coffee tweaked reflexes, video game conditioning, and American appreciation of violence would give me a huge edge on these peace-nik kiwi's. Oh yes... the machine will be mine...
Whoopsie... too much "typing out loud" again... hehe... really, I am all good. No addicts here. None. I'll just go put some normal coffee in my empty (still foamy) cappuccino cup. Recycling I tell you! Recycling!
*grins* Ahhh, yes.... the addiction always sneaks up on you doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteIt's like a little friend, just sitting right there on your shoulder, conveniently pointing out that the bakery is just so many minutes away.... and the cappuccino could be YOURS!
*twitch*