Saturday, March 1, 2008

Martinborough Fair

On the first Saturday of Feb and March the small town of Martinborough holds a huge craft fair.  I was somewhat skeptical on the "huge" part, but indeed it was damn big.  The town is probably only 1500 residents that bursts at the seams with 25,000 visitors!

There was a ton of cools stuff.  I could easily have spent $500 on random stuff.  Lots and lots of great art... hand carved wood, hand cast bronze, and lots of wool.  We got hats.

There was a lot a food, but it was sooo crowded we didn't really get a chance to check it all out.  They did have something that looked like, but was entirely unlike a corndog.  It was deep-fried on a stick, but it weren't corny in the least.

Still it was a lot of good looking stuff.  I almost latched on to a wool poncho, but I think I definitely would have been mistaken for Clint Eastwood.  However, this may be attempted again later... hehe.  I'm thinking a poncho/cape like thing will work well for the bad weather days on the walk to work.

Anyways... we had a good time and nice drive through the moutains.  Cy'all later

No comments:

Post a Comment