Today's version uses cross-trainers and a 2 gig thumb drive. Amazing to think that I wear shoes made from NASA developed polymers and carry more data in my pocket than the whole world had ever known up to about the Library of Alexandria. Anyway through the miracle of modern technology I have Avril Lavigne to listen to.
I am sure that many of you are concerned about my lack musical appreciation. You are right. I just can not be musically cool. I blame my parents. Avril is just a kid, but it makes me think of my kids and remember what it was to be a kid.
a kid ... with a cape? No! Capeless. We should get together and start Operation Badass Cape to NZ. So you can listen to Avril wearing a cowboy hat 'n' a cape.
ReplyDeleteAwesome.
I still have to find a good cape... It can not be a weird costume piece.
ReplyDeleteI still have to find a good cape... It can not be a weird costume piece.
ReplyDeleteYou need a heavy, durable, uber cool cape. *nods*
ReplyDeleteTell me about your Dream Cape?
ReplyDeleteMy dream cape would probably be a conservative green (olivish or perhaps dark pine) that was essentially water proof on the outer layer, but not plastic and have a soft inner layer. It would block the wind, but have vents around the elbow line like a flap. It would have a good sized hood. It would fall to near ankle length and have a slightly weighted hem to keep it mostly down in a breeze. It would have both a tight and a loose clasp at the throat with perhaps one other loose toggle in the middle somewhere.
ReplyDeleteGreen was unexpected - but otherwise it sounds cool :o)
ReplyDeleteStart the fashion revolution with Cape Industries.
Well with that much fabric... you'd have to go with a fairly drab color or be mistaken for a hot air balloon. That or maybe Superman. So then you have the typical male colors of beige, olive, black, brown or gray... Black is too Dracula, brown is too fryer monk, gray is too Sherlock Holmes, beige is so Meh, and only leaves olive. Dark green might work simply because people would instantly think it was camping gear.
ReplyDeleteMaybe a maroon?
ReplyDeleteToo Sir Elton John.
ReplyDeleteLOL! Green it is, I guess?
ReplyDelete