Hiya!
While there are several major events going on around me, life isn't all that changed. I just figured I'd drop in a new blog for grins.
We're planning to go to Nebraska this weekend for the Camp Creek Threshers Bee. Basically, this is big antique tractor show with live demonstrations. It's only planned on the hottest day of the year in a big treeless field. But, if you can stand the heat, it is a lot of home town fun. They have all the usual fair food like funnel cakes, corn dogs and old fashion lemonade. Plus watching the giant steam tractors is amazing. For those that don't know... tractors were first developed as steam engines makeing rough the size of a locomotive. The rest of the show focuses on the steam powered era. Again, amazing to see how we used to do thing at the dawn of the industrial revolution. Here's a link...
http://www.ccthreshers.org/
Work is busy with multiple testing schedules and new data partners to work with. You'd be surprised at how different "standard" implementations can be... Work is work... I still don't like it. I have some silly idea that maybe I could make money at writing. But it just doesn't seem possible that I could make money at it. After all you have be learned for that, right? Dunno... may have to give it a shot in my spare time.
World of Warcraft continues to be the most played game in my list. While the game is huge and comprehensive... I'm getting less enjoyment from it. It's a nice time-filler, but not as "new" anymore. I have 3 characters at maximum level on a player-versus-player server (the most challenging environment) so the challenge is dropping. Blizzard is pushing out more content, but all most all of it is aimed at huge 40 player groups... Something I rarely have time for. But still it's the best way to hang out with the guys in Nebraska even tho I'm in Kansas.
I bought tickets for the T-Bones AAA baseball game on the 22nd. My folks will be coming down and we'll have all the kids that weekend and the following week. I'll have to work... but at least I'll get to see them after.
On the "not fun" list is more financial mediation with the ex about child support and more "discussion" about when I'll get to see them in August. Since the ex moved 45 minutes away it's been really hard to see my two. I can't quite describe how totally unfair the whole thing is. Mostly I just try to do the best I can to see them, but when the school year starts it will be even harder. I miss them all the time already. I have hard time understanding why I would be given these two great children and love them so much and then have them kept away so much. Thank God for my wife and Gabe. I'd go crazy if I didn't have them.
Amy is doing well/struggling with her night classes. But I keep telling her "any forward progress is good progress". It may take a while to get through the program she's in, but like all highly skilled careers, you just have to keep putting in time to gain experience. She should finish her BA this Fall and then complete here translator program in the 2-3 years following.
We both are working on finding some way to excercise more and get back to our svelt forms. I know (that for me) I just have to start doing it instead of thinking about it. Of course tomorrow always seems like the better day to start.
The power company sent us a promotion to have a free programmable thermostat installed. I thought that was a great deal. Our house has your standard old dial model. Of course the programmable part doesn't do us quite as much good since Amy and Gabe are in the house most of the day (so you can't turn things down during the day like they expect), but nice to have just the same.
That is most of the news from Curt-Land...
No comments:
Post a Comment