Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Hey, today is Thanksgiving in the US and Friday after in New Zealand.

For the first couple of years we tried to do a little celebration here in Wellington.  But it was, of course, nothing like home.  A family holiday just isn't a family holiday with no family and when no one else is celebrating. 

NZ has a number of good substitutions so we certainly don't suffer from lack of great food or days off.  For me, I only miss the chance to get together with everyone, to putter around my parent's house, and get to hang out with my brother(s) and sister.  I haven't seen my nieces and nephew in years.  And of course I miss Chandler and Sabrina most of all.  **Hugs** for you all.

Today is beautiful.  A stunning warm day by the sea in New Zealand.  The other night the full spread of the southern stars were out.  The moon over the water is as stunning as the sun.  Life still has its complexities, but it is good.  I am thankful for all these things I have seen and done.  I am always hopeful for the chance to visit and see more family more often.  I take full advantage of each day by the beach.  I climb mountains and ride along coasts.  I tramp through cool woods and look out from wild high places.

Life is never perfect.  Life is always perfect.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all.  Looking forward to seeing you on the horizon very soon!

4 comments:

  1. We are thinking of you too as we eat our way through the day. Started off with the yummy ameretto pound cake that Amy's mom shared a recipe for. Then onto snacking on smoked salmon, cheeses, crackers and fresh veggies. Next will be the main event of turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cream cheese corn, hot rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie and lemon pie. Sorry you are not here to eat your way through the day too but we'll be thinking of you and are thankful you are healthy and loving life there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... don't get me wrong. I could probably survive one day of unhealthy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Your outlook on life never ceases to amaze and impress me :o) I hope your holiday season is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Life is never perfect. Life is always perfect. nice!

    ReplyDelete