So it’s Christmas time in
Last weekend we attended a Christmas festival in
It was a bit of a walk through the park to get to the festival proper where we discovered the festival was really more of a concert in the park. It was awesome! They had blues, rocking Christmas carols, the Funky Monkey’s (kids performers), and hip hop dancers. We had two stars from “NZ has Talent” perform and The Beat Girls did a rocking segment on great 60’s music complete with shimmering flapper dresses. We even had an opera singer from Auss join in on O Holy Night. It was fantastic. The fireworks at the end were great, but combined with Feliz Navidad it was an amazing Christmas celebration. Totally unlike any other Christmas party I’ve ever experienced--all for free and each moment a surprise.
The next exciting thing to happen was the arrival of Angus—a new black/brown long hair cat. For the whole year we have been here, we have struggled with making a responsible pet decision. We loved our Lucy sooo much and missed her when we moved, but we knew we couldn’t replace her just be getting another cat. We also were not sure how a pet might affect our travel ability. But after a year, we felt we could make room for a pet.
Times are bit tight right now and I have struggled to come up with good Christmas “gifts” for the family. A cat would be quite special, but any new cat would come with several hundred dollars of expenses for shots, de-sexing, supplies, etc. But Amy found several listings on our trade site, TradeMe, for free cats. I know “free ain’t free” when it comes to kittens, but Angus was full grown and his owner was including all his stuff, 3 months of food, and 2 kitty beds. We thought we should check him out.
.
He arrived Monday night. Amy is over the moon to have a purring kitty to sleep with again. He has adjusted extremely well. He even flopped on the floor with us last night. He seems ready to make himself at home.
Amy says that a house isn’t a home until it has a cat in it. Welcome Home, Angus! Merry Christmas everyone!
Awww, Welcome home Angus and Happy Holidays to you and yours, hon! What an awesome holiday s'prise!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete*tacklehugs 'n' watery eyed grins*
Yay Angus! It's great to give a good home to an older kitty who needs one :) Post pics when you can!! xox
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful time. Fireworks for Christmas just... well... it just rocks :)
ReplyDeleteAmy's right - a house needs a cat to be a home. Welcome home, Angus. Your family's awesome :)
Merry Christmas, my friend.
Welcome Angus!!! I love that you adopted an older cat. So few will these days. Yay Amy!!! Glad Angus has found such a loving family!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your taste of NZ Christmas so far has been good!!!
Happy Holidays!
Now with pictures! I also posted a bunch of new shot in Mobile Pics II. http://masadablog.multiply.com/photos/album/9
ReplyDeleteDude! He's beautiful! :D
ReplyDeleteHe looks like Blackie, who is ailing with kidney problems. I think a male cat settles in much more readily than an female. (Wandering Tom vs. nesting Nelly, heehee)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, so glad you have a cuddly, purring, critter to love. Also was wondering if I could share your blog site with Jerry? Merry Christmas!!
Christmas concerts in the warm sun :)... Awesome!
ReplyDeleteAngus is going to rule the house, I'm sure! I know my dumb cat does...
The blog is entirely public. Share it with whoever you like. You only have to "join" Multiply to post messages.
ReplyDeletehi dad its me chandler I love the story and Angus is soooooooo CUTE love you
ReplyDeleteHi my wonderful boy! Angus is pretty cool, but not as sweet as you--he bites! I suppose "lightly nip" is more accurate. Anyway... I LOVE you sooooo much! :)
ReplyDelete