Hello friends, admirers, family and random guests... KC is finally beautiful. We're hitting a high of 67 today which is just about perfect for me. I am most pleased as I think this is exactly what I imagine the weather to be in Wellington virtually every day.
Today is Wednesday and that meant there was a staff meeting this morning... woo. Last weekend I had the extra kiddos and we mostly played around the house. We packed up all their clothes to send home with their mom. We decided we will start purging our regular stuff in preparation for our move. While it was just a few clothes, it was really one of the first real actions we have taken to leave. And so it really begins... We will now really start getting rid of things we won't move and making all those permanent decisions that will lead up to our move in January.
This list seems pretty endless. But the most important detail is the completion of our immigration paperwork. That secures my offer and make the whole shabang very real. So we have all the forms and most of them filled out. It turns out we'll need to apply for a "Talent visa" with TNZ as an "Accreditted Employer" to get approval in 10 days. I have to be approved by November 1st to accept the offer. So that's the big deal now.
Chandler's birthday is tomorrow. He'll be 10. I can hardly believe it. For some reason, for many weeks now I have been remembering the moment of his birth over and over. I remember the way he looked and carrying him in to the weigh room. He didn't look like a newborn at all. He was 9 pounds after all. He looked like a normal baby. Probably the most perfect baby I'd ever seen. 10 years... There is so much I'd like to explain to him. But even at 10 he's still just a kid. There is no way I could tell him how that day felt. No way to begin to describe all the feelings I've had watching him grow up. How I feel even right now would be hard to explain another adult. This makes me think of my own folks and how for years they must have felt the same inexpressable feelings. I bet they just looked down and thought the same thing... someday you'll know. And I do... I know now. 37 mom... Sorry it took so long!
Chandler shares his birthday with my mother-in-law and one of Amy's aunts. So while he celebrates at his house, we'll be in Lawrence celebrating with Amy's folks. But Chandler won't miss out. Sabrina's birthday is the 20th and we'll have them that weekend for a double birthday event.
Gabe's big event is Halloween. I think he ranked it as his favorite holiday even before Christmas. We picked out a good ninja costume after much deliberation. I came through with an awesome one-handle cickle that has a secret dagger. Sure to be all the rage with the stylish ninjas.
The ever beautiful and desirable, Amy is doing very well and helping out with all the immigration stuff. She and Gabe are both immediately granted access once I am. Amy will be able to seek employment anywhere in NZ. Which we will need. I will be paying taxes in both countries and with the exchange rate we'll be living on a little bit less income. We are hoping to be able to skip owning cars and cheaper over all healthcare. Even so, a whole new 2nd income would rock!
That's about all the news that is news... cya around!
No comments:
Post a Comment