Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Fall Colors

With just a few nights of cool temps the trees are beginning to change here in KC.  Just a few here and there, but it's a start.  In Nebraska, they have dots of color all over the place reminding me how pretty fall is.



I'm pretty solidly a Fall/Winter kind of guy.  I like the cool temps, sweaters, long coats and good boots.  I love an 8 foot snow drifts and a warm wood fire.  Of course I love Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas (despite their religious affiliations and/or fictious origins).  It's the time of year I try to hum silently Christmas songs.  I hate to annoy the rest of you, but it just makes me happy to sing them.



I like football (the American kind) and early sunsets.  I like bitter cold clear nights where the stars themselves seem like they may settle down on top of sparkling snow.  I like the Harvest Moon low on the horizon.



I don't like raking leaves.  Nothing is perfect I guess.



I hope all of you get a chance to enjoy the thing you love most in the last bit of 2006.  I know the holidays can be a rush and they aren't entirely all inclusive.  But to me the "reason for the season" isn't because some poor smuck got born, but rather that a reminder that we can be good to eath other.  That we don't have to instantly fear each other or be worried about differences.  Sappy I suppose.  But better than being bitter all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment