Thursday, April 13, 2006

Random Stuff

Yesterday and today have been pretty good. I'm between project phases at work and that makes everything a lot easier. The little road trip was really good even if it was a sad event. The weather is turning here and everything is in bloom. Amy has a big test today, but after that we should cruize in to a smooth weekend with the kids.



I've been jonesin' to play some d20 Modern lately. I have a swirl of ideas I'd like to play out. Guns, angels, and werewolves... oh my.



Friday is tax return day. Gotta love that.



Got in to a 30-man raid in World of Warcraft last night. It was alright, the group I was with had a bit of a whacked loot method that left me with nothing... Sucks to get in to a 30-man and not get a single drop. But it was a fun to play in a new instance. I have 2 characters at 60th level, one has pretty crummy kit, the other has passible kit. I have another character at 52 that I've been working on building up in my spare game time.



I'm not sure what I'll do this weekend. Probably do stuff around the house. We've made some slow progress at finishing it. Seeing the new stuff go up is pretty cool.



Hey, life is pretty good. Things change all the time. Its hard to remember to look forward to the happy unexpected things. Too easy to get down in the crummy things.



I had some insights in to time again... Obviously we perceive time in a linear fashion, but what if we didn't. Imagine time as an immense ocean that you could swim in... up, down, side to side... The concept of past and future would disappear. Think of what that would mean... no concept of "past". All the events you remember would just be different spots in the ocean... perhaps even all event at once. This creates the closest approximation of "forever" I can really hold in my head. There are no beginnings or endings. For some reason our consciousness holds on to the thread of time thru the ocean of possibilites. If we could but learn to swim...



No comments:

Post a Comment