Friday, March 3, 2006

Ramblings...

Things are going a bit better.  I'm still swamped at work and I still have more going on at home that I'd like (mediation, kid stuff, keep up, etc), but I dunno, feels better.  Maybe it's Spring.  Of course my hayfever is kicking in horribly.  But then I think I get a sort of Zen from constantly sneezing as you can't really think of anything else while you're sneezing.  I can sneeze for a good solid 15 minutes non-stop.  That's a work out unto itself.


Even so I look forward to Spring and Summer.  Winter here is so meh.  It's not really cold and it's not really nice.  I'd rather have one or the other.  But sort of constant gray and chill isn't all that special most days.  It does have its moments.


A couple of weekends ago the wife and I got away for no reason other than to just be out driving and no place to go.  We went to Abiliene and Salina.  No reason... just a random small town to visit.  But the drive was pretty.  At some moments it wasn't hard to imagine Kansas as it used be a couple hundred years ago.  There seemed to be a kind magic at work in someplaces that just kept those locations from aging.


In two weeks my wife goes in for gallbladder surgery.  While considered minor nowadays, it's still worrisome.  A week later I have a business trip to Cabo St. Lucas in Mexico.


I really had no idea where Cabo was when I signed up, really I didn't.  As it turns out, Cabo is on the extreme southern tip of the Baha penisula.  Which puts farther south than the tip of Texas by a couple hundred miles.  It looks like a paradise from the hotel ads.  But I've often discovered that vacation spots are an uncomfortable mix of excess and poverty rolled together.  Still, it's someplace new and it's by the sea.  I love watching the sea.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment