Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Gabriel Stephen Dorsey Owings - August 2nd 1999

My youngest son is 6 years old today.  He'll be starting first grade this fall.  He is tall and lean (entirely unlike me), blond and blue eyes.  He's a poster child for arian youth...  All those long limbs tend to impair his dexerity, however.  He's constantly whacking a toe or smacking his head on something.  I'm sure I can use that an excuse anytime he acts up as a teen... "you hit your head too much as a child..."

Gabe is almost never angry.  He is always trying to make someone happy.  He has a comical intensity about small toys.  One must be present at all times.  He also thinks there is a minimum TV watching requirement for small children. *giggle*  I think his ears are broken.  But I think that might be true of all children.

And despite all the "dont jump on the couch", "eat with your mouth closed, please", and "don't throw things in the house" phrases that seem to constantly be my only communictation with him, he loves me anyway.

It's his birthday today.  My son is 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment