In a word, "Crap".
I am generally pretty forgiving about action movies. If they have pretty much nothing going for them other than pretty cool stunts and explosions, I still rate them adequate movies. I also like Vin Diesel as an action hero. But Babylon A.D. was crap. While meeting the requirements of no plot and lots of bullets... even the action wasn't all that great. Each combat seemed to even start the same way... Bad guy gets the drop on Vin with shotgun to his head... Vin whacks gun in such a way as to reverse the barrel to bad guy and blamo. They repeated that trick like 4 times. A bad sex scene would have improved this particular title and while they set it up, they killed it at the last moment.
The rest of the movie makes no sense whatsoever. But on the "how bad was it" scale, I'd say it was not as bad as Blade III or Highlander III. But if you never saw this movie you wouldn't be missing anything any one will remember in a month.
I'm sort of saddened by this.... Any movie we pay to go see should be stellar and fully of Awesome.
ReplyDelete*nods solemnly*
But.... at least it wasn't Blade III bad. Because that was BAD bad bad. (Deja vu. Have we had this discussion before?! ;o) )
Yeah, I wouldn't even rate this one as a rental... I wouldn't spend more than about $2 on this DVD and even then... I'm not sure why I'd spend $2 on it. I could do about a zillion more entertaining things in 2 hours. Maybe to have the entire Vin Diesel collection... but don't waste any time actually watching this one.
ReplyDeleteBummer, I was kind of excited by the preview. But the preview directors can take any crap and make it look cool.
ReplyDeleteMeh.. I liked Blade III. The dialogue left a bit to be desired... but it's a comic book movie. I expect cheesy dialogue.
ReplyDeleteAnd Highlander III wasn't bad. I didn't see the need for it, but it wasn't bad.
As far as Highlander goes...
Highlander - Canon.
Highlander II - An absinthe and way-out-of-date anti-depressants induced coma dream sequence.
Highlander III - MUCH better than II. BUT, the story was already told in Highlander... He already won the prize. Anything after that is non-canon, to me.
Highlander IV - Semi-psychic relative of Connor MacLeod taps into Connor's immortal mind, and is sent on a reeling vision/dream/nightmare.
Highlander V - See above.