As most of you already know, but I'll update here anyway, we have been fully approved to immigrate to New Zealand. The final word came back around Dec 7th so about 6 weeks after we applied. That was a long 6 weeks.
Now that the paperwork is over it's all easy.
HAHHAHAHAHAH!
Just had to do that... Noooo, now we get to really move. "Relocation consultants" arrive on Friday to provide estimations. We were given the NZ customs requirement (OMG). Those will be fun to live by. There some other details still hanging out there... like we haven't "officially" sold our house... we still need to sell our two cars... oh and I think it's Christmas... maybe I should do something for that...
I've turn in my notice at work. This is my last week. There is a going away thing/lunch on Dec 17th. And then quite possibly I will never see any of them ever again... I don't plan to move back to Kansas City. But anything could happen. While I never enjoyed the corporate culture, there are many people I really enjoyed working with and knowing. Many are helping me now in this move. I find myself unexpectedly sad to leave. Not in any regretful way, but just that wistful way we all wish there were no downsides to anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment