Things are really hopping as of late.
Work has exploded somewhat as 4 of our 5 team members have left or are leaving soon. I'm left behind to try to keep tabs on everything, but there is little hope that I'll actually be able to keep up on everything. If only folks read my management blogs...
My summer vacation starts tomorrow. I have the next week with all my kids, my parents and my siblings (and their kids) up at Table Rock Lake in the Ozarks. So while vacation is awesome, it is also stressful from all the planning. Even so, I'm sure I'll be having a good time in about 24 hours and for the next 7 days.
Major bummer is that my mother-in-law had a stroke about 2 weeks ago and my wife has decided to skip vacation to help take care of her first week back home from the hospital. My mother-in-law, Cindy, is only about 54. No one saw this coming. Remarkably, she is doing pretty good. In my family, strokes have been fatal within a couple of days. But I have since heard many stories from folks that have experience minor strokes (like Cindy's) and gone on to live many, many more years relatively trouble free. We're hoping for this variation.
Gabe had a fever last week, but no other signs of illness. Amy and I have been totally healthy. Bizarrely, our cat had a unrinary infection which spawned a few hundred dollars in vet bills and 2 weeks of oral torture for Lucy (yucky antibiotics). She seems fine now. We had to change her cat food--she's not happy about that. I predict weight loss at this rate.
I won't be updating from vacation. I'll see what I can do when I get back. Have fun at work!
PS: I've started using blog tags to categorize stuff...
No comments:
Post a Comment