Sunday, September 24, 2006

An Epiphany

Through several random thoughts that I won't attempt to recount I hit upon a potentially profound thought.


What if we all stopped trying to figure out who said what?  What if we just didn't really pay too much attention to what Jesus said or didn't say... what Mohammad did or didn't say... what the Apostles said or didn't say.  All of them got their messages from God and God speaks to each of us.  We were given brains, thought and feeling to discover the messages that God (or Goddess) has for us.


Certainly there is wisdom in the words of the Prophets.  Those words  should be studied and pondered, but in the end... it is for us to decide what the message from God is to us.


I don't need to find an ancient scroll written by Jesus to tell me that he probably loved a woman (Mary Magdalene or another).  I know it to be true--for only a man that knew love could have found any wisdom at all.  I do not need to find the passages where Mohammad spoke of Peace for all people--for it would be impossible for God to will anything else.


What the Prophets said is much less important than what God says to you.  Listen to your heart.  Listen deep in to your heart for there is God speaking to you.  All the answers that humans have ever known started there.  All the wisdom of all the ages is there in you.  The same flesh and blood as any of the Prophets.  You are no less a creation than they.  God speaks to you as much as he has to them.  We but need to listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment